Tuesday 7 August 2012

Gluten Free Tumbleweed?

Gosh, has it really been that long since my last blog? Sooooo much has happened since I last posted. To summarise:



  • I got a book deal (alas not about GF living, but I hope to write a 'life with gluten free kids' book one day in the not too distant future!).
  • We had lots of birthdays!
  • We've been to Tuscany, Orlando and Camp Bestival and survived without being gluttoned (I'll post reviews of each as soon as I can!).
  • Seb had his annual coeliac review which has by far been the most traumatic event of the year so far, it appears his coeliac disease has made him phobic about needles. We tried for 3hrs to get a blood sample. It didn't happen and we both left the hospital in floods of tears. The hospital has suggested a course of play therapy before next year's appointment. I told my husband I couldn't go again, last year was bad, but this year was really, really bad and I'm not strong enough to take him alone again.
  • We've learnt a whole lot more about GF living, dare I say it - some days even seem (whisper) 'easy' and some days I forget we are "different".
  • I think my 3rd son may also be a coeliac. We never had him tested as he's such a big healthy boy, but lately he's been displaying symptoms, including some strange skin issues - so we're off to get him tested too. If his test is positive I know it will be a struggle, he is a total pizza fiend!
  • I've discovered the Paleo diet and OMG I love it so much (though I cheat and still eat haloumi, feta and sweet potatoes).
So, that's our life in a nutshell. I can't wait to get back into this blog properly again!

Sarah & Sebx

No comments:

Post a Comment